Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thoughts on Prezi

I think Prezi could work well as a tool. I would need to learn how to use it. The one demonstration that Colin gave us was not enough for me to learn it. If I can learn how to do it I might be able to use it. Since I am getting a credential in English I could probably use it in some way for that subject. If the students were to read John Steinbeck's THE GRAPES OF WRATH, which as most know deals with a family fleeing Oklahoma during the Dustbowl and the Great Depression and coming to California thinking it's the promised land. Unfortunately, not so. I could do a Prezi presentation showing the route from Oklahoma to California during the 1930's. How the family would have traveled. It could also include pictures of the harsh reality of that time period. In the prezi presentation I could also show how President Roosevelt and the government responded to the crises of Dustbowl and the Depression. How certain organizations like the CCC were created to deal with unemployment and poverty.
Prezi makes a good tool. If one of my students wanted to do a Prezi presentation that would be fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment